Your Leadership Team (Pastors and Board) have taken some strategic steps to help make LCA Church a safer place as we begin to re-enter the premises.
Your health and safety are of upmost priority to us.
It is our desire that the following document would help prepare you for what to expect and to answer some of your questions and concerns.
Please read through this document and if you are planning to attend in person, we ask that you consent by clicking on the “I Accept the Terms” option at the end.
RE-ENTRY DOCUMENT (FAQ)
FAQ #1: WHAT ARE THE SUNDAY SERVICE OPTIONS?
- On-site service, 10:30 AM
- Live-stream service, 10:30 AM via YouTube.
FAQ #2: WHEN WILL THE ON-SITE SERVICE OPTION BEGIN?
It begins Sunday, July 4, 2021 at 10:10 AM.
FAQ #3: DO I NEED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I AM COMING TO AN ON-SITE SERVICE?
- Yes. You are required to register in advance to attend. Complete this form by clicking “I consent” to register (see below).
- Register everyone in your family/household who will attend.
- There is limited seating due to the distancing rule. Please sit at seats you are directed to when you arrive.
FAQ #4: WHO SHOULD NOT YET ATTEND THE LIVE ON-SITE SERVICE, RATHER SHOULD CONTINUE WITH THE ON-LINE SERVICE OPTION?
- The vulnerable (i.e. anyone with a compromised immune system).
- Anyone with COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms.
- Anyone who has been exposed to someone that has COVID-19 or is being tested for COVID-19.
- Anyone with a temperature, cough or flu symptoms within the last 72 hours from the service date.
- Anyone who doesn’t feel comfortable to worship on site yet.
FAQ #5: WILL I BE EXPECTED TO WEAR A MASK IF I ATTEND AN ON-SITE SERVICE?
- Yes. Everyone is required to wear a mask while on the premises. If you cannot wear a mask, unfortunately we cannot let you enter.
- Once seated, you may remove your mask.
- If you don’t own a mask or forget yours, there will be a limited supply of complimentary masks made available while supplies last.
- It is not recommended for children under 2 years of age to wear a mask as per the Ministry of Health guidelines and therefore we cannot welcome them to attend at this time.
- For more information on who should not wear face masks visit the Government’s webpage here.
FAQ #6: WHAT SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT ENTERING THE CHURCH BUILDING AND SANCTUARY?
- There will be “physically distanced” line-ups as you are permitted to enter the church.
- The church can only be accessed by the main door.
- The sanctuary entry doors will be propped open as you arrive. Please do not enter the building until someone is there to escort you in.
- Doors will be opened 20 minutes prior to the service.
- Doors will be locked 15 minutes after the service begins.
- Please use the hand sanitizing station when entering and exiting the church.
- You will be directed to the next available seat by a greeter. Please understand you will not be able to choose your seat.
- All families living under the same roof/household are requested to sit together.
- The lobby/café area will be used as a hallway with guided access to get from outside to the sanctuary and is not a gathering spot to socialize as we are used to.
- The Café area will be closed.
- Washrooms will be open – however, we ask that they be used as little as possible and only one person at a time. Each person using the washroom will be asked to clean all the surfaces they touched with provided sanitizer and paper towels.
FAQ #7: WHAT IS THE SEATING ARRANGEMENT IN THE AUDITORIUM?
- Seating will be arranged with 3 chairs minimum between individuals / family groups to abide by the physical distancing rules.
- We have also removed every other row.
FAQ #8: WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SANITIZING PRECAUTIONS?
- There will be plenty of hand sanitizing stations provided.
FAQ #9: WHAT ARE SOME THINGS THAT WILL NOT BE HAPPENING?
- Physical contact, such as handshakes, hugs, high-fives, fist-pumps etc. are prohibited as they breach the social-distancing rules.
- We cannot allow congregating (i.e. standing around together) before or after the service.
- There will not be the passing of an offering basket.
- The Café will not be open.
- All children’s ministry rooms will remain closed until further notice.
- There will be no seating available in the café or lobby.
FAQ #10: WHAT AREAS OF THE CHURCH WILL BE OPEN?
- Only the entrance and sanctuary will be open.
- There will be no access to the children’s areas or office area until further notice.
FAQ #11: WILL THERE BE ANY MINISTRIES PROVIDED FOR OUR CHILDREN?
- Due to the current health and safety restrictions we cannot provide in-person children’s ministries during the service.
- All children’s ministry rooms will be closed. However, the nursery will be open for 1 parent/infant where the parents are socially distant.
- We will continue to provide an on-line experience for your children which can be watched online from home every two-weeks at 11:15 AM.
- Kid’s Time With Philou is now available ONLINE with over 60 episodes.
FAQ #12: WHAT ARE THE GIVING OPTIONS?
- Thank you for your continued faithful giving.
- Please continue to make use of our online giving options by visiting this LINK.
- An offering basket will not be passed during the service.
- A basket will be available for those unable to give online at the back of the sanctuary.
FAQ #13: WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT IN THE MORNING SERVICE?
- It will last about 55 minutes.
- Both the worship and sermon will be live.
- Those wishing to sing must leave their masks on.
FAQ #14: WILL THE WASHROOMS BE OPEN?
- YES, washrooms will be available for urgent use only. Please do your best to avoid the need to use a washroom.
- Only one person will be allowed in the washroom at any given time (this applies to the women’s washroom where more than one person could be in at the same time.)
- Each person using the washroom will be asked to clean all the surfaces they touched with provided sanitizer and paper towels.
- You are required to wear your masks when moving around the church, i.e. going to the washroom.
FAQ #15: HOW DO I EXIT THE BUILDING?
- At the end of the service, you will be dismissed by row beginning at the back and you will exit the church following the indications of the greeters.
- You will need to immediately make your way to your vehicle.
- At this point in time we cannot make room for “hanging out” in the lobby or Café.
FAQ #16: WHAT ABOUT THE CHURCH OFFICE?
- The church building will remain locked during weekly office hours.
- However, your pastoral and office team will be present and abiding by physical distancing and other provincial guidelines. Every step is being taken to keep the Staff and Pastors safe.
- If you need to meet with a pastor or office team member, you must contact the church office in advance to arrange for a meeting. Face masks will be required for this.
FAQ #17: WHAT ABOUT WEEKLY MINISTRIES?
- At this point in time, for your health and safety, small groups will continue meeting online and not yet “in person.”
- We will revisit this once we see how the Sunday in-person meetings go.
Your cooperation in abiding by these current guidelines is most appreciated.
It is understood that these guidelines are fluid and are subject to change at any point in time upon further clarification from our Provincial and Municipal Leaders. Keep an eye on the church website (www.lcachurch.ca). We will update it as often as necessary.
NOTE: Some have informed us that if you are using Safari browser, the next link may not appear. If that is the case, select another browser. We are looking into the issue. Thank you.